Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Do a little dance...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was the song on the radio when I pulled into work today. Kinda makes it feel a bit like Friday. Fridays always seen like holidays to me, and when it's payday too... double whoa! ;0

I was just on MySpace and I got inundated by a whole bunch of what I like to call Abercrombie Punk kids. They are into fashion but have scraggly chin length hair they push to the side to look up at you. They are all impossibly skinny and wear deconstructed pencil jeans and tiny band t'shirts. Their arms are covered in cuffs and rubber bracelets and they're wearing the latest in Nike designer sneakers.

I have come to the conclusion that a new generation has started and I have nothing to do with it. AAAAHHHHHH! (Ok, I'm done.) I am not old by any means, but things that I used to (and still do) like are totally passe now. I like Tom Petty, Lynrd Skynrd and muscle cars. I like gin, poker and rocking out to a great rock band. Need I say, Rock is Dead? BOOOOHOOOO! Nowadays things seem so sad. All the emo indie rock music that the kids listen to nowadays. Like why the fuck is Coldplay so huge?! I mean I'm glad the dude can support his new baby (standup guy) but all the money that's being thrown at him is giving him the impression that he can name his daughter after a fruit. (Apple, c'mon people.) Is it the war or the economy or what? I don't think it's the war. I don't see young people doing anything about it. I don't think it's the economy either because all these kids seem to be rolling in money. (I need to get off Long Island, I think.)

Cheer up for chrissakes!

Ok I'm done ranting. Let me know what y'all think.

posted by ~M~ @ 10:25 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At August 24, 2005 at 11:30:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Ruby

    I can dig where you're coming from. Of course I'm probably a fair bit older than you so the bands I like are either retired or dead ;-)

    BTW, you have a really nice blog here, good writing and very funny.

     
  • At August 24, 2005 at 4:19:00 PM EDT, Blogger Scooter McGavin said…

    I actually like Coldplay (at least their 1st two albums) and Petty. But I have ranted against the emo (or what I like to refer to as psydo-punk) bands all the time. Extremely annoying.

    Scooter McGavin's 9th Green

     
  • At August 24, 2005 at 9:16:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate those kids too. Unfortunately, I have 2 of them for sisters. Ugh.

     
  • At August 25, 2005 at 9:48:00 AM EDT, Blogger Tricorum Satisdee said…

    I thought I was the next generation, until I realized that I hate half of the new music and the new skinny fashions that don't fit me AND 75% of the kids that deal with either subjects. I actually threatened my younger neighbor a few days ago to turn the fucking EMO down so I could listen to my Def Leppard without blowing an eardrum.

     
  • At August 25, 2005 at 11:34:00 AM EDT, Blogger Shanna said…

    LOL, queenie :)

    Hey, Ruby!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I like your style!

    There does seem to be a new sort of rebellion going on. Not sure what it is, either. What I do know is those skinny chicks are the size of a two-by-four and should freaking EAT SOMETHING.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: ~M~
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Rubydiamond80. Make your own badge here.
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com