Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Rollercoaster
So in addition to my surgery I have now developed an upper respiratory infection. Truth be told, I did get it probably from Hubby who has had it for about two weeks. But I just can't stop kissing him. And I think it might have been brought on by 1. the tube down my throat. or 2. a low immune system brought on by the massive amouts of meds I was taking. The good thing is that I am already on antibiotics because of the cyst (which is doing better) so all of the infections are getting better, slowly but surely. But I am coughing up a storm and talking like a seal the majority of the time. I am fully armed with Halls™ and cough medicine and my antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, and lots and lots of tissues. I am a bit bummed about this whole miner situation in West Virginia. Not to make light of it at all. I am so far removed from what they are going through but I still am upset at what happened. But I feel maybe it was those guys time to go. I am not religious at all, as most of you regulars may know. But I do believe in a higher being. I call him God because that is what I know. I think that God calls each one of us to him at the time that is right for us. It may not be the right time for the family or friends. They might be in the middle of refinancing their house or a baby was just born or a wife just can't live without her husband. But ut people get through it. I am on the fence about how I feel. It definitely hurst me and I empathize with those people, but on the other hand I want to tell them to get over it already. It was their time. I feel like sucha bad person for feeling this way and going about my life as if nothing has happened. But then I think about the episode of House that I watched last night. In the episode House has to treat a doctor who was doing Tuberculosis treatment in Africa. He refuses treatment for TB because he says the medicine is wasted on him and could be used to treat all the sick people in Africa. He basically makes himself a martyr for all the people. He can't save everybody but tries to. Should I try to save everybody I can? Or should I just try to take care of me & my own? I'm all depressed now (maybe not too much but I'm sick so that doesn't help.)

CYA!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Isn't he so purty!?

Your Eyes Should Be Brown

Your eyes reflect: Depth and wisdom

What's hidden behind your eyes: A tender heart
posted by ~M~ @ 1:18 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At January 4, 2006 at 3:17:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very Cool Blog Design! Just wanted to say! :)

     
  • At January 4, 2006 at 6:10:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perhaps connecting with your higher power might help you to feel better about the miners.

    I hope you get well soon!
    Poor Baby!

     
  • At January 4, 2006 at 10:22:00 PM EST, Blogger Jenn said…

    oh, feel better soon...surgery and a cough and drugs...heavy combination. (and yes, he is so purty!)

    I don't know what to make of the miner situation either, nor do I know that I should: it's a tragedy, worsened horribly by misinformation. And really, from my significant distance away, that's about all I'm qualified to say on it, even being married to an mining engineer to used to go underground daily. It's a rough one to really fathom...

     
  • At January 6, 2006 at 4:35:00 PM EST, Blogger Erin said…

    Hi! Thanks for stopping by my site earlier! I was reading all of your recent posts, but this is my favorite. You know why?

    Because you included a picture of my favorite Doctor!!! :)

    have a great weekend and thanks for the suggestion for the tag!

     
  • At January 6, 2006 at 5:07:00 PM EST, Blogger peebugg said…

    I'm glad you are on the road to getting better.

    I'm bummed about the miners as well. We have mines in NM but they are large open mines, not the worm holes like back east.

    As far as a supreme being. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. Even though at that moment the thing that happens is horrible, there is a balance. Like in the movie "Signs"

    As far as saving someone(s). I think if you are meant to help or rescue, the opportunity will present itself. You just have to be observant and caring enough to see it. I don't think you should go out and find people to save. They will either take advantage of you or shoot you!!!

    Have a great weekend...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: ~M~
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Rubydiamond80. Make your own badge here.
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com