Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Wrap it up...
So as requested, after my short hiatus, here is my tattoo:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please excuse the blurriness. It was kind of difficult to take a picture of my own arm.
The purple was what I had done. The Aries symbol was my first ever tattoo, but my artist now just had to redo it. He said it was annoying him. :) That's why he's my artist. I had a very interesting experience this time. This marked my ninth time I've gotten tattooed and the first for my brother in law. That's why we went. Barry just turned 18 and he was getting the family crest tattooed on his leg. My hub has the crest on his arm. So it was a special day. We shut out the tattoo parlor for the whole day. We were there from Noon till 9:30 pm. We had two other friends getting tattooed too. Barry went first and passed out twice. Yes it was dramatic but he was ok. You just have to make sure your blood sugar is sufficient before you get tattooed. You definitely have to eat and always have something to drink. Preferably soda or juice. Then hubs went. Then I went because our other friend hadn't gotten out of work yet. Just about ten minutes into mine, our friend showed up. He had to be somewhere so I jumped out of the chair so he could go. Thet was probably the dumbest move I could have made. When I finally got back in the chair, I was definitely hurting. Then I picked purple as the color for the sky, not knowing that purple is the hardest color to blend. Yeah, GO ME! I almost passed out once. And I'm a seasoned pro at this. But I know you have to breathe deeply if you think you'll pass out. Get the oxygen to the brain. So I was ok. But the last ten minutes or so were hard. This is the biggest surface area I've ever got tattooed too, so I think that played a part.

But there is no beauty without pain. Tell me what you think, guys!

Then for Tammy: I found this pin on the ground when I went for coffee yesterday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No offense to the boys , but sometimes you just have to do it. ;)
posted by ~M~ @ 10:02 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At December 13, 2005 at 5:31:00 PM EST, Blogger Technicolour Nightmare said…

    I thought it was your back! It is nice. The purple is a great colour. What did the others get?
    I remember getting a tattoo while still drunk once- not a good idea. I was *that* close to passing out.

     
  • At December 13, 2005 at 7:54:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, well, i started to read it and then had to stop, way too much information for me, there is no way i would EVER, EVER, EVER get that done to myself. is it as sore as it looks?

     
  • At December 14, 2005 at 7:57:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHen I was 16 I went with my mom to the tatoo place and watched while she got a very old tatoo of my fathers name covered up with flowers. It looked painful, but I being an artist decided I can do this. I went home and gave myself a tatoo of a heart on my left hand.
    My friend liked it and I ended up giving her one.

    My mom's responds....Crazy Kids!

     
  • At December 14, 2005 at 4:25:00 PM EST, Blogger Veruca Salt said…

    Your ink is AMAZING... now I'm jealous and want more tattoos...

     
  • At December 21, 2005 at 12:35:00 AM EST, Blogger Spider Walk said…

    Omfg that must have hurt soooo bad! You are a braver chick than me Ruby!!

    Looks great :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: ~M~
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Rubydiamond80. Make your own badge here.
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com