Thursday, November 17, 2005
Pulpectomy is Expensive
So my poor hubby woke up yesterday (or rather didn't go to sleep.) with a major league toothache. I drove to the store at 6 a.m. to get him some Orajel to tide him over. Then when I found a dentist that would take him @ 1 p.m. he needed TWO Pulpectomies. That is a precursor to a ROOT CANAL! The wholw slew of treatment will cost us $3733. So your loyal servant (blogfriend) will be getting a second job. For all of you who will hate and say, "Why is hubby not getting a second job?" He has the ability to make more money at his job (he works on commission) and I don't. SO, we will both be working on the money situation. With Christmas and some medical bills popping up (and no health insurance yet) things are getting tight.

So off to:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I went.
AND I'M HIRED ALREADY! I went there 1. because my mom used to work there and it was a pretty nice place and 2. because I figure if I'm working retail I get the employee discount and I could do some Christmas shopping. An all-purpose job. And I could do it part time.

Apparently nobody uses paper applications anymore. You have to sit at a computer and fill out a application online and take a test. They ask you questions like, "If Sally has seven one dollar bills, four ten dollar bills, thre quarters and 15 pennies, how much money does she have?" And I can't even say, "DUH!" because there are poeple out there, EDUCATED PEOPLE EVEN!, that are all like, "Uhm how much is a quarter?" So as I was filling out this application, what I think was the Store Manager walks past me and says hello to me. I didn't know who the heck he was but I didn't want to be rude so I said hello back. AND he started talking to me. He asked me if I had just filled out an employment application, and if I had some time could we sit down and talk. So we went into this conference room with him and one of the trainers. We were talking about the job and they said that they had an opening at the Home Store in Lamps & Picture Frames. (Works for me!) We also figured out that this guy is friends with a good friend of my current boss. I am going down there today and watching all the training videos and stuff and I start register training on Sunday! Whoo! That was fast.

Wish me luck!

*NOTE* Please go visit the Suck It Easy Website and vote on a name for our fan club. You can also join the fan club here.

Funny of the day:

The Center for Disease Control has released a list of symptoms of
bird flu. If you experience any of the following, please seek medical
treatment immediately:

1. High fever
2. Congestion
3. Nausea
4. Fatigue
5. Aching in the joints
6. An irresistible urge to shit on someone's windshield
posted by ~M~ @ 10:19 AM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: ~M~
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Rubydiamond80. Make your own badge here.
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com