Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Feminism? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
I have been reading various blogs (Stacie, Lou, Carrie, Daria, and Susan) and I have come to the conclusion that many women are still conflicted about their roles in society. Not necessarily the ladies listed above but many. Maybe I am not old enough to have gotten to the point where I will question my role, but I know that I want to be a career woman and a mother and an interesting person. (I know, I know, my blog is not that interesting, but I'm working on it.) I am currently working as an office manager for an insurance agency and have been for the past four years. I do make more than my husband but he's okay with that and he is moving up in his career. I am going to school to be a registered nurse and I want to continue my schooling and become a nurse practitioner with a master's degree. But I want to have kids and be home for them. That is why I have chosen nursing. In my area of the country, most nurses work 18 hour shifts three days a week. That will leave me time for my kids. My husband will soon be working from home as well. Now I know that not everyone can set their lives up the way I have and will, but I think everyone is an interesting person in their own right. I read so called, "mommy blogs". I find them funny and insightful. When most of your day is spent taking care of children, you tend to write about them. But 99% of the time you learn more about yourself through watching them and you grow as a person. I also read blogs of single women, women married w/o kids and all other kinds of women. It doen't matter what you write about as long as the writing is funny, witty, relevant I will read it. I don't understand some people who attack a particular type of blog. Just don't read it! I am constantly changing my blogroll, adding and removing blogs according to my interests.

People are so nitpicky! I guess I'm just weird!



posted by ~M~ @ 1:39 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At July 27, 2005 at 2:00:00 PM EDT, Blogger GreekGoddess said…

    I really don't get the whole deal. And I really don't get the "labels". Mommyblog-bitchyblog-thisblog-thatblog.

    So what if I'm a mom and I blog? I am also a designer and I blog, a woman and I blog, a Greek and I blog... so what's MY label?
    Or as soon as we see a post about kids we name the blog a "mommyblog"?. For God's sake why do you care what people write about on THEIR blogs? You don't like it? Then don't read it !! Why all the bashing and juding and.. oh well.. some people need a life or what? LOL

     
  • At July 27, 2005 at 2:45:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ruby

    I also find this whole "blog bashing" thing ridiculous.

    People blog about the things that matter most to them and if you don't like it you can just move on, no need to create conflict.

    I'm adding you to my blog roll too :)

     
  • At July 28, 2005 at 11:38:00 AM EDT, Blogger Sparkling said…

    Labelling is not necessarily bashing, and yes, you can have more than one label, but sometime one is more predominant than others. I'm a mom and I read 'mommy blogs'... and 'Daddy blogs'

     
  • At July 29, 2005 at 5:04:00 AM EDT, Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said…

    I agree. If people only wanna read one type of blog, more power to them, but it's much more enlightening if you're open to many different types of people who write many different types of blogs.

    Wow, what a run-on sentence :).

    As an asside, here's my take on feminism...I mean if you're really bored.

    http://itsrelative.blogspot.com/2005/04/am-i-feminist.html

     
  • At August 2, 2005 at 2:55:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for saying that! I totally agree.. if someone doesn't like a blog, then they shouldn't read it, and just move on. Urr.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: ~M~
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Rubydiamond80. Make your own badge here.
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com