Wednesday, June 08, 2005
91 Degrees and Counting!
I am in heaven today! ( I also thought the orange font was highly appropriate to the soaring heat) I love the hot weather . i am so happy thet it finally got here to NY. We had rain and cold for so long, I thought it would never end and we would have to build an ark. But the hot weather is here and here I am stuck at work. Blogging, but still inside.

I just mapped my route by train to Coney Island. I am volunteering at the Mermaid Parade there on June 25th. The Mermaid Parade is like the official opening of the beach at Coney Island. The parade is made up of floats dancers and marchers all dressed up in an Under the Sea theme. Everyone marches down to the water and we all give offerings to the sea for a good summer. Then afterward there is a Mermaid Ball and you get to party till dawn. A King and Queen are elected, usually some sort of celebrity. A couple of years ago Queen Latifah was the queen. It's so much fun. If anyone is in the area at that time let me know and we can meet up.

I hope everyone has good weather like me. TTFN!
posted by ~M~ @ 1:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: ~M~
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Rubydiamond80. Make your own badge here.
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com